About the 2023 general election
The 2023 general election in Wayne County, Indiana takes place on November 7, 2023.
It is a municipal election where voters will select representatives on various city and town councils as well as the Mayor of Richmond.
Elected city and town officials provide leadership and oversight of government functions that affect the daily lives of residents. From making decisions about responsible uses of taxpayer dollars to responding to citizen concerns, the people elected or reelected in the fall could shape key aspects of the community for years.
Registering to vote
Hoosiers can register to vote, update their address or check their registration at indianavoters.com or at the voter registration office in their courthouse. The deadline was Oct. 10 to vote in the Nov. 7 election.
For more information, call 765-973-9304.
Voters need to have a driver’s license or Indiana-issued photo ID card or federal-issued ID such as a veterans’ ID with photo or a passport. To secure an ID for voting, contact a Bureau of Motor Vehicles branch. Voters may receive a confirmation postcard in the mail, but presenting that card is not required at vote centers.
When and where to vote
Cambridge City and Milton residents can only vote early at the courthouse (or request a mailed ballot if they meet requirements such as being 65 or older), at a Richmond early vote center (see below), or in person on Election Day. Vote centers will NOT be open in Cambridge City or Milton the week before the election.
Wayne County Courthouse: Oct. 11-Nov. 6. Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays. Also open two Saturdays (Oct. 28 and Nov. 4) from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Final opportunity is Monday, Nov. 6, from 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Richmond early vote centers: Monday, Oct. 30-Friday, Nov. 3, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- First Bank Kuhlman Center, 861 N. Salisbury Road
- First English Lutheran Church, 2727 E. Main St.
In addition, Kuhlman will be open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, and Nov. 4.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Anyone in line to vote before 6 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
These six locations will be open for voting, four in Richmond and one each in Cambridge City and Milton:
- First Bank Kuhlman Center, 861 N. Salisbury Rd, Richmond, IN 47374
- First English Lutheran Church, 2727 East Main Street, Richmond, IN 47374
- Mt. Olive Baptist Church, 1108 N H Street, Richmond, IN 47374
- First Baptist Church, 1601 South A Street, Richmond, IN 47374
- Golay Center, 1007 East Main Street, Cambridge City, IN 47327
- Milton Town Hall, 101 N Central Ave, Milton, IN 47357
Only voters who live inside town limits will be permitted to vote in these town elections. If you’re not sure whether you are eligible, contact the voter registration office at 765-973-9304.
Candidates in Contested Races
Richmond Common Council — At-Large (pick 3)
Richmond Common Council — District 2 (pick 1)
Milton Town Council — At Large (pick 5)
Election coverage and articles
- IndianaVoters.com – check your voter registration
- Read our election letter to the editor policy for 2023
- Wayne County Clerk’s Office
- WCTV Whitewater Community Television
- Vote center interviews: one, two, three
- IN Focus with Clerk Debra Berry – general election information
- IN Focus Candidate Forum – Milton and Cambridge City
- IN Focus Candidate Forum – Richmond Common Council, At Large (Oct. 5)
- IN Focus Candidate Forum – Richmond Mayor (Oct. 12)
- IN Focus Candidate Forum – Richmond Common Council, Districts 2 & 5 (Oct. 19)
- Election Night Coverage (Nov. 7)
If you still have questions:
- Call the Wayne County voter registration office at 765-973-9304
- Call the Indiana Election Division at 800-622-4941
- Contact the Western Wayne News