We welcome article and content submissions from around the community that may be of relevance and interest to our readers. This includes editorial columns, letters to the editor, photographs and story ideas with some kind of local focus or connection.
(For classified ads or other kinds of advertising, please read about advertising with the Western Wayne News.)
Please limit columns and letters to the editor to 300 words or less. In some cases where advance arrangements are made, we can accept longer editorial columns.
We are not able to respond to or publish everything we receive. If you would like to check with us before preparing your submission to see if it would be of interest, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to respond with further guidance.
We do not accept anonymous submissions. We may need to verify your identity or follow up with questions; please include your name, full mailing address, phone number and email address (when available) in any submission. Only the name of the contributor and possibly their city and state will be published.
We are generally not able to pay for submissions.
Please note these additional guidelines:
- If your submission contains statements of fact, please make sure to cite verifiable, credible sources to back up the statement.
- For photo submissions, please make sure you have permission for publication and can provide the names of everyone included in a photo.
- All submissions must be original and must not infringe the copyright of any third party. The copyright in all submissions remains with the author/submitter.
- We support the role of constructive criticism in a healthy public life, but discourage submissions that are solely focused on complaining about something, especially when other options for resolution may exist. We cannot publish comments that are defamatory or libelous in nature.
- We are not currently accepting fiction or poetry submissions.
- Please make sure submissions are spell-checked and edited for grammar. We may further edit submissions for clarity and space requirements.
How to Submit
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. (Submissions can be mailed or delivered to our office in Cambridge City, but may be deprioritized if significant time is required to re-type or scan items into an electronic format.)
Any text content should be included directly in the body of your email, and not as an attachment. Avoid formatting such as indents, tabs, etc, as it has to be removed in most cases.
For photos, please use the JPEG/JPG format. For submitting many photos, please use a file/image sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Drive, instead of email attachments.
For flyers or other images, we can accept PNG or PDF formats.