Depending on your schedules and interest level, you can see fireworks nearly every night throughout the long holiday weekend, and even a few days beyond.
Many of the displays rely on sponsorships, partnerships and dedicated volunteers.
For instance, Cambridge City’s Chamber of Commerce and volunteer fire department team again for the July 1 show at Creitz Park, and then those dedicated firefighters return to their station at 8 a.m. for their annual fundraising car show.
American Legion Harry Ray Post 65 in Richmond takes responsibility for raising the funds for Richmond’s 79th annual show that night in Glen Miller Park. Starr-Gennett Foundation is a new sponsor for the Freedom Jam concerts at 6:30 p.m.
All of these events include fireworks at dusk, and no admission/parking are charged unless otherwise noted.
Friday, June 30
Baseball game and fireworks, 6:35 p.m., McBride Stadium, 204 N.W. 13th St., Richmond. Richmond Jazz versus Lima Locos. General admission: $6. 765-977-1275.
Saturday, July 1
- 5-11 p.m., Glen Miller Park, 2200 E. Main St., Richmond. Food trucks; live music at 6:30. 765-962-4321.
- Creitz Park, 150 N. Foote St., Cambridge City. Food trucks open at 4 p.m. Rain date: July 2.
- Lake Lakengren, 4200 block Ohio 732, Eaton, Ohio. 937-456-5072.
Sunday, July 2
- 3 p.m., Preble County Historical Society and Nature Reserve, 7693 Swartsel Road, Eaton, Ohio. Music by Eaton Community Choir, Eaton Community Band, Alexis Gomez and Flat Out. $10 parking. 937-787-4256.
- 4 p.m., Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville, Ohio. Food trucks, carnival games. 937-548-5044.
Tuesday, July 4
- 3-10 p.m., College Corner, Ohio. Parade at 4 p.m. at the school, food vendors and games. 513-490-5751.
- Hagerstown Airport, 999 S. Washington St., Hagerstown.
- “A Capitol Fourth” TV program, 8 p.m., PBS stations. RHS alumnus Jack Everly conducts National Symphony Orchestra.
Wednesday, July 5
Hueston Woods State Park, 6301 Park Office Road, College Corner, Ohio. Food and festivities at lodge; food trucks at beach. Staff also recommend viewing from the dam.
Saturday, July 8
Fountain City, east ballpark on Fountain City Pike.
A version of this article appeared in the June 28 2023 print edition of the Western Wayne News.