The Western Wayne News is sharing this list of area shelters and warming stations available in Wayne County. The list was last updated on Dec. 22, 2022.
Call 211 at any time to get agencies available locally that can assist with overnight accommodations and assistance with meals and other necessities.
- Hope House, 121 N. 10th St., Richmond, for men, 765-935-3000
- Refuge of Hope, 1032 E. Main St., Richmond, for women, 765-962-5099
Ongoing/overnight warming station
Richmond Municipal Building (through 8 a.m. Dec. 26), 50 N. 5th St., Richmond. Enter through the south door. Minimal accommodations (water and restrooms provided). Intended for short-term use. (765) 983-7247
This list is compiled by the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency, which says people should call ahead to make sure someone the building will be open. None are equipped for overnight shelter.
- Central United Methodist Church, 1425 E. Main St., Richmond, 765-962-8543
- Salvation Army (after Jan. 1), 707 S. A St., Richmond, Major Bill Welch, 765-966-7791
- Morrisson-Reeves Library, 80 N. 6th St., Richmond, 765-966-8291
- Richmond Senior Recreation Center, 1600 S. 2nd St., Richmond, 765-983-7300
- Abington Fire Dept., 4618 Pottershop Road, Centerville, 765-309-3149
- Cambridge City Fire Dept., 127 W. Maple St., Cambridge City, 765-478-9676 or 765-541-0964
- Centerville Fire/Rescue, 414 S. Morton Ave., Centerville, 765-855-3889 or 765-967-0028
- Dublin Fire Dept., 2248 E. Cumberland St., Dublin, 765-478-1266 or 765-914-5403
- Economy Fire Dept., 138 Poplar St., Economy, 765-914-8251
- Fountain City Fire Dept., 312 W. Main St., Fountain City, 765-967-7525
- Greens Fork Fire Dept., 114 E. Pearl St., Greens Fork, 765-967-0787
- Hagerstown Fire Dept., 151 N. Plum St., Hagerstown, 765-238-7732
- Webster Fire Dept., 5122 Main St., Webster, 765-935-1585 or 765-993-2921
- Williamsburg Fire Dept., 8323 N. Centerville Road, Williamsburg, 765-277-2594
If you are aware of a shelter or warming station not yet on this list, please contact us.