The Reid Center has set its free “Live at Noon” series concerts as well as other performances.
“Live at Noon” provides hourlong concerts the first and third Wednesdays from September through November, according to a news release. They are in the former Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church at the corner of North A and North 11th streets in Richmond.
The schedule is:
- Sept. 6: Patrick O’Neal on saxophone and Charles Ramsey on guitar.
- Sept. 20: Bruce Murray on piano.
- Oct. 4: Karen Rosenberger on organ.
- Oct. 18: Soprano Alisa Clapp-Itnyre and pianist Lisa Ginn performing Broadway tunes.
- Nov. 1: Sweet Sounds of Star Valley dulcimer group.
- Nov. 15: Joe Backmeyer on organ.
In addition, The Reid Center has scheduled a mixture of free and ticketed performances for September through December. The schedule follows.
- The Reid Live program features a “Community Sing and Celebration” at 4 p.m. Sept. 24, features a free community sing and celebration with the Richmond High School chorus and the Indiana University East and Richmond Community chorales.
- “Phantom of the Opera” silent film with organist Jonathan Hampton providing accompaniment at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28. Tickets are $5 for the collaboration with the Wayne County Historical Museum.
- “Blues Festival Dinner and Dancing” will be 5:30 p.m. Nov. 11 with a 7:30 p.m. concert by area blues artists. Tickets are required for the collaboration with the Starr-Gennett Foundation.
- “Jeff Hamilton Holiday Jazz Concert” will be 7:30 p.m. Dec. 2, featuring Hamilton, a noted jazz drummer from Richmond. Tickets are required.
- “A Children’s Victorian Holiday Concert” will be 2 p.m. Dec. 9. The free performance features Richmond Civic Theatre and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Wayne County.
- “Christmas at Reid Center” will be 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 19. The free popular tradition features an hour of reading, plus choral and instrumental music.
Visit ReidCenter.org for more information and to purchase tickets.
A version of this article appeared in the September 6 2023 print edition of the Western Wayne News.